In the early fall of 2015, the Committee on Public Secondary Schools approved formation of a committee comprised of members from all six New England States to review and revise the 2011 Standards for Accreditation. Some of the goals of the committee were to:
- make the Standards less prescriptive and more flexible,
- emphasize a school/district's goals rather than specific strategies for accomplishing them,
- use Indicators as guides,
- and encourage schools to adopt a "growth-mindset."
On June 26th, 2016 the Committee on Public Secondary Schools (CPSS) approved updates designed to provide schools with increased flexibility when responding to the Indicators regarding the assessment of student achievement of the 21st century learning expectations, plus the use of school-wide analytic rubrics.
2011 Standards for Accreditation
View a detailed description of each Standard/Indicator:
- Core Values, Beliefs and Learning Expectations
- Assessment of and for Student Learning
- School Culture and Leadership
- School Resources for Learning
- Community Resources for Learning