Faculty and building administrators are actively involved in the development and and implementation of the budget.
What to Look for:
Do faculty and building administrators have a strong voice in the budgetary process including its development and implementation?
- a formal process is in place for soliciting feedback from teachers and other staff members about budget needs (e.g., department request processes, site-based budget committees, faculty governing councils or steering committees)
- school instructional leaders (e.g., department heads, deans of faculty, academic coordinators) as well as the principal and other administrators are called upon to make budget requests and to develop the budget
- instructional leaders and administrators are called upon to speak publicly on behalf of the school budget and to justify requested expenditures
- school instructional leaders and administrators are delegated the responsibility for allocating and spending the major proportion of monies designated for teaching and learning purposes
- school instructional leaders and administrators are given current, up-to-date information on the status of budget allocations throughout the school year